Thursday, January 29, 2015

Our nice over 2 week mild weather January break

is about to end this weekend. We're supposed to get temperatures of about -15, -13 for a few days and by this time next weekend, we're back in the "heat wave" again       as we're supposed to be around "0." That was this year. A far contrast from last years -25's and -30's. 

Back in the early hours of the New Millennium I was heavily involved in a online chat room called A God(s) fight. Or AGF. It got pretty lively talking, arguing and debating about religion and politics. I nicknamed myself Sebek (Egyptian crocodile god). In those days I was slowly losing interest in metaphysics. About 2001 the chat room dissolved into a message board. I go in and post a couple times/year but keep it light and say hi and promote my blog etc. AGF is now a shadow of its former self. Not much activity these days at AGF.

A drone company from Calgary, Skymatics has launched a DJI S1000 drone, to take aerial film of the Waterdale bridge and the downtown arena Wednesday's flights mark the first time a Special Flight Operations Certificate (SFOC) has been issued to a drone company by Transport Canada to conduct operations in Edmonton. The drone has to fly at least 400 feet away from a target.

I'm in the office from 5-9 tonight. We're picking up our iPad replacement Friday. Anne's buying lunch. Then I'll ride the train with her to Bay Station and I'm going to Clareview and a Northgate bus to Londonderry Mall, and into Buds for a beer and home to watch Smackdown. I'm up early Saturday morning. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment