Thursday, January 22, 2015

The Metro signaling

contractor Thales is saying the Metro LRT line handover will be March 23rd. Allow for 6 weeks for training evaluation and opening date could be April 30th. It's another delay but at least this delay has a solid foundation, apparently.

So Wayne Gretzky is a Grandfather now. I remember the day he touched down here in Edmonton. It was June 13th 1978. I was in New Westminster BC at the time and I heard a lot about this guy up until I arrived in Edmonton 2 months later. The Oiler's had yet to play an NHL game. I was fortunate enough to attend one of the first Oiler training camp games before they played their first NHL game. Those were amazing years and I feel old just thinking about it.

Pest control paid us a visit about 9:45am yesterday morning. He had this bright light set up and shone it in a few places. No bed bug detection. Thank God. That would have been a lot of work for us if we had to have our place sprayed. We got a clean bill of health as it were. We have 15 years of living here, probably more then anyone else in the building. Its hard to just organize, pack up move everything around.

Despite lay offs and low oil prices, there are still a lot of projects going on around here. There is still the downtown arena district, Fox Towers, Stantec tower, Valley line lrt coming in the build phase in a few years. There's also Ultima 2, Healy ford lands, Blatchford mixed use development will be underway soon, Royal Alberta Museum, and a few others I haven't mentioned. All  that and I have just a few years before I retire anyway. By that time the economy should be back to June 2014 levels before all of that's said and done. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment