Friday, January 23, 2015

Underway at this moment is NAMM 2015

National Association of Music Merchants, commonly called NAMM in reference to the organization's popular NAMM trade shows. Every year its a different city. This year NAMM 2015 is in Anaheim, California. What I like so far from NAMM this year is Roland's JD-X1 synth. The price is something I can afford. Teenage Engineering has released these cool Pocket Operators. The size of a calculator these mini step sequencers fit in the pocket and have a big sound. They sync up to each other and can sync to a daw for about $60 bucks each. They have 3 units in their line up so far.

Saudi Arabia's King abdullah bin abdulaziz al saud passed away. The SA King was instrumental in having SA increase oil productivity last fall. How this will play out when Opec meets in June will be very interesting.

If I'm not working Sunday Anne wants me to go to the WEM Scotia bank theatre, and use our scene points so I can see Royal Rumble. That sounds like a great idea. I can get a bite to eat use my Chapters/Indigo $25 gift card to buy a Warhammer 40k book. Then go to the show. Sounds like fun. 

Finally we know what's going to happen to the old Greyhound bus depot location downtown: Cinneplex (after the site is demolished) is building an adults-only multiplex theatre where patrons can reserve seats and order food and beverage from them. There's going to be a bar in there etc. Tickets might cost more then the City Centre theatres at the CC mall. Its a good fit for the EAD as the new 50 story Delta hotel will be virtual across the street from the theatre district.

So if I don't get schedule for next week in my email later today, (I can take 3 days would be an exception) then Monday I'm making a few phone calls. I'm looking to get something to fill in for a couple of days instead. I know of a few disposable type jobs I can "sign up" for. If I can get them that is. Update: I got a schedule (of sorts) I've got 4 hours Wednesday, Thursday and 10-6 on Saturday. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment