Saturday, January 3, 2015

It was a simple 4 hour shift

last night from 5-9. Heading into the office was ok. I found my schedule post and its (for this pay period) Yesterday (4 hours) and today 10-6pm for a full 8 hour day for just 11.5 hours. Next week I have tomorrow (Sunday) from 12-8 for a full day and Monday for 4 hours, I'm off Tuesday (I can catch the Oiler game) Wednesday I'm in for 4, Thursday same, off Friday for lodge, but in next Saturday for a full day. That's 27 hours for the 1st week in the pay period. I'm pretty sure I'm back full time after that.

Yesterday Oilers traded LW David Perron. He scored 28 goals last year but like all the othre forwards on this team, their goal production is languishing. Perron is going to a better team and into the playoffs. Oilers get 2015 first-round draft pick and centre Rob Klinkhammer. Many Oiler fans were saying the team appeared down in last nights game in Denver due to the trade. I liked Perron. I hope he gets 30 goals this season.

I've been doing lots of research into a company called Elektron. They make synths, like their Analogue Keys (AK) etc. Speaking of, which I'd love to get ak. It comes with over 500 presets and can do some amazing things. It has a on board step sequencer. If I had about $3k I'd get that and their machine drum. Cool stuff.

Speaking of music the singer Bono from U2 might have to give up playing guitar. He's got plates in his elbow and his hand has playing hand been broken. He's not known as a guitar player anyway. I'm not a fan or anything of the group but they've kept the same lineup since they started in 1976. They have 13 studio albums and 7 #1 US hits.

The street out here last night was very icy and treacherous. Time to break open the cleats once more. It's mostly for on the way home. Anne came home with some disturbing news when she went to pay on the rent yesterday. We got a warning. Apparently the people below us were complaining that we're very loud. Anne and I have been fighting a bit and she's been raising her voice at all hours. What with me being home a lot could have edged her on as well. I have a full day today, and I'm going to get some Tim's breakfast before I start. I get my half hour break and a couple of tens in there as well today so it should go fast. I have a cold beer in the fridge for tonight. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment