Saturday, August 31, 2013

I had a pretty good Friday but

next Friday night I'll be working and missing Friday night Football

Speaking of which I picked a tie game on my Proline Hamilton/BC. The outcome was 26-29, tie game Sunday it'll be Winnipeg/Riders in a Labor Day weekend classic. I picked that game to tie as well. Then game 3 after Anne and I come back from our little outing: Edmonton/Calgary and I picked that to tie (Edmonton to win) if I win, its enough for a PS3 and a game/s worth of winnings and makes up for any Proline losses this year and then some. My ticket is alive, for now.

There's been some interest in the moon lately. Firstly China plans on launching a rover on the moon by the end of this year. Even Canada wants to do something with the moon and then there's the Google lunar X-prize. There was a news item earlier about how shadows in craters on the lunar surface might contain frozen water. There are a lot of weird moons in our solar system, but ours is probably the weirdest. For one thing, it's really big. It's practically a planet in itself, fromi09 read here.

Down memory lane: I got to thinking about my days in grade school from 1960-1972. I missed a year and a half because of my back operation. But I was in a slow learners curriculum called "Occupational." Kids would call us "Occ's." I got bullied a bit. My parents were aware of this and unlike the other kids in my family I got moved to a different school just about every year. I went to 7 different schools within 10 years. It was hard to get any one-on-one help from my teachers because I would have to be moved all the time. Why invest in a child like that that has to move every year? I never asked my parents why I had to move so much. I doubt it was because they didn't have the program but because I didn't fit in. I day dreamed a lot and my attention span was low. I don't think it was my parents. I think it was the teacher's that said it would be better off to move me to another school. I just went with the flow. It was hard to get to know any kids even in the area. I had 1 friend growing up. I didn't have any interests or hobbies until latter on as a teenager I liked music, wargaming and comic books. I couldn't join any school clubs like band, art or drama but that was so far removed from my consciousness. If I had any friends I might have picked up their interests. Next week I'm going to be getting my grade school transcripts just to see what kind of marks I got. Do I really want to know?      

I got a notice from Audrey's that my 5 book/cd order is in. I got a couple of David Weber Omnibus books and I think there are 3 new "Space Marine Battle's" books in hard cover and hopefully soon in Trade. I'll pick one of them up when I get my Visa gift card to pay for my transcripts before work Tuesday. Anyway, that's about all for now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment