Tuesday, August 6, 2013

It’s been a great weekend

I watched some football, Smackdown and Raw did some computer research and read some Space Wolf, good stuff. I go back this morning but its only 4 hours.

This was featured on last night’s National news about a burger grown out of cow stem cells. It was a 5 ounce meat patty which cost $300,000. It took years to make. Even animal rights activists were saying they had no problem with this. Now if we can mass produce these and bring the cost of a burger down to $5 I’d try one.

About 3 years ago when I was with Shaw cable using Outlook as my email client before Gmail, I was in contact with School District 43. I was just about closing in on getting my transcripts/student records for my time there 1960-1971. I’m trying to find out what schools I went to the years attended, my teachers, my marks and maybe some school yearbook photos as well. I had a email contact and it was a shot in the dark to pick up where I left off but the email bounced on me. I’ve got the phone number. I doubt any school staff are there during August but you never know. I can call Wednesday after Anne leaves for work as BC is an hour behind us.

From my Coast newsletter Monday morning: At the age of 36, Marilyn Monroe was found dead in her Los Angeles home on today's date in 1962. While her death was ruled to be "acute barbiturate poisoning," subsequent investigations/theories have suggested she may have been murdered.

After work today I’m off over to Audrey’s to pick up the last remaining Horus Heresy Warhammer 40K book from my last special order and then home.

The only thing I got to do this week is to go to my RBC get a DBD form and up to Canada Place service Centre. Other then that working 9am-1pm the rest of the week. It’s kind of like having time off during whats left of the Summer. Anyway that’s about all today.

No comments:

Post a Comment