Sunday, August 11, 2013

There's a lot of things going on this weekend

here in the Capital City. There's the Carry West Caribbean festival and the folk fest. There's Rock fest (Loverboy) There's a baseball tournament and the Embridge Ride for cancer. Never a dull moment here in Edmonton.

There's a massive Rainbow gathering on Vancouver island this weekend. It's this generation version of the hippie movement of the late 1960's early 1970's. Basically this group might be called "neo-hippies." You can read about it here.

I had a relaxing day holding down the fort while Anne was working. She's got a few days off and plans on following up for a medical subsidy for me for my insulin. While I have some time off I'm applying for my CPP early retirement. It takes about 4 months before it's activated.

Thanks Coast for this: On August 10, 1966, a daylight meteor was seen in the sky from Utah to Canada. It's said to be the only known case of a meteor entering the Earth's atmosphere and leaving it again. I was 14 at the time and living in the lower mainland. We were probably camping at Emery Creek just outside of Hope BC at the time. 

Anne and I are leaving out of here about 3pm for the Clareview LRT and over to the South side for Pizza. I usually like to run into Chapters before they close. Anyway, that's  about all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment