Sunday, August 18, 2013

The weekend began ok but the pall

of losing our cat Sporty put a downer on everything else. Anne's taking him in for a check up tomorrow but I doubt he'll come home alive. With that said it's a easy day for me tomorrow. Sporty will be on my mind for most of it though but I still got to take care of business. 

I think this week Sporty will be a memory. I think when I come home tomorrow, it'll be done. He'll be gone. He's not eating, eventually he'll just shut down. Despite the almost 90% chance of losing Sporty, we still have Silky and Boot's. I'm going to miss the way Silky and Sporty would love up to each other always cleaning each other sleeping together. 

This weekends CFL Proline for week #8 went like this: Friday August 16th Hamilton/Winnipeg: 37-18. (W) I got 1 right.  Saturday a double header: Montreal/Riders 21-24 (T) Wrong. Calgary/BC 22-26 (W) I got 2 right. Edmonton/Toronto 33-36 (L) ordinarily I'd have chosen the Hamilton and Winnipeg game to tie. At $2 a hit, it's fun to play. I put $3 Despite the Esks 1-6 record I'm ok with the effort the Eskimo's made this evening. At least they found their star QB in Mike Riley. I think he played on par with Ricky Ray and a last play off spot isn't out of reach,yet.

Even though with Sporty on my mind at work tomorrow morning I have a short 3.5 hour shift. I'm going to go into Audrey's books and pick up that Horus Heresy "Age of Darkness" novel and cash in my book club membership for the other 2 remaining there for me. I think I might have to fork out a few extra dollars but that more or less catches me up in the Horus Heresy series that are still in print Anyway, that's about all for now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment