Thursday, August 29, 2013

Wednesday was a decent day

as I'm at Clareview riding into work. At Churchill the ticket police were out in fill force asking for proof of payment. I got off of Corona about 11:20am and into Tim's for a breakfast sausage sandwich and a couple of hash browns. I got into the office with enough time to enjoy my breakfast my file was on my desk and I was determined to get my 3 hours. I actually had a decent afternoon with it as well. Very productive on my end. We had a nice little gab session with some of the staff and my boss over Syria. So after that I left the office with a good idea of my hours for next week. I think we're back to normal hours. 

So outside I noticed my office building this guy was unfolding one of those portable bikes. I'm kind of leaning towards getting one like it and he was nice enough to show the features to me. I want to get one that folds in towards the bike chain. His folded the other way. He told me he knew the bike I was talking about. It's very light and it can be folded inwards placing the chain between rear and front tires and can be put into a back pack. My problem with me and my weight I'd probably wreck the damn thing. Even with our climate here Edmonton I can still ride it from April-November, which is a good 7 months a year. Its a very expensive bike about the cost of a Mac Pro computer. A bit over the top for me I'm afraid.

The weather was hot and muggy yesterday afternoon my friends. So here I am happy to be on my way home on the train and about to get off at Clareview but something felt wrong. I left my bus pass holder as seen here I wear around my neck in the office.


it has a pouch as you can see that I put my lottery/Proline tickets, cash, my bank cards etc. As you can see it has my house keys and of course my bus pass. I realized because of the detraction in the office before I left I for got the above. So I headed downstairs to look for the ATM thinking I could just withdraw some cash right and I'd be ok. Wrong, guess where my bank card is. I went upstairs to the bus platform and the driver was just coming to his bus and I told him my story and he was nice enough to give me a transfer back downtown. I knew it was going to be in my desk draw where I left it and I got upstairs and opened the draw and there it was. I made my presence know and my boss said my wife just called as I came in 30 seconds ago. I called her back in the private unused phone room and explained. This has happened before from my last company. My boss asked why I came back to the office. I made some half baked excuse and left feeling embarrassed and a bit relived. I didn't want my boss to think I was a nut case or something. 

I got home an hour and a half latter and Anne  just laughed at me but she said next t ime instead of leaving the buss pass in that draw put it in my back pack. Good idea, Like that's going to happen again. 

On a bit of a sad note yesterday some bad news other then me not winning the 6/49. City Council decided to wait until they get the other 3rd of the funding for the Valley Line LRT

before they can go ahead. We got some funding earmarked funding from P Canada of about $250M but we need the other 3rd which is about $560M from the Province and the Feds and the June flooding kind of the deciding factor against the project moving forward. I mean with the flooding in Southern Alberta is a lot more important then a LRT project in Edmonton. At least Redford has got her priorities on the right track, pardon the pun. We'll get the money alright but it'll probably come in the form of a 2016  Provincial election campaign carrot then anything else. We could have gone into debt but that's not a good idea as well what with this being a civic election year, I just hope the next City Mayor has the vision as Mr. Mandel had. If nobody in the next City council has then the 2017 Civic election will be this next Mayor's last. He/she will be a one term Mayor. In the meantime we have the Nait line coming online in 2014 in April. The Oiler's get their new arena (possibly) in 2016. The Mill Woods line could get under way in 2016 immediately after the next Provincial election, in which case the first half will be online in 2020. If Anne and I are still together 7 years from now, I'll be 68. Yikes! It might get built before I pass away. Anyway, that's about all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment