Friday, August 2, 2013

The idea was to go into

future shop after work today before I come home, I was going to go shop for a HDMI cable and the Av adapter and have a nap and watch the Eskimo‘s game but that didn't pan out.

On the national and local news there‘s an ambitious project to move Albert oil across the country which would carry bitumen from the Alberta oilsands to refineries in Quebec and New Brunswick. It’s a $5B project over a 20 year operation. If it goes through. Eastern Provinces are paying for foreign oil and in 3 years it means they will be off foreign oil. It means we get our oil to market faster. Add rail lines to that, it’s going to be an exciting time for Alberta.

The next Star Trek for the small screen could be Star Trek Renegades. The plot looks pretty good. The producers are trying to raise donations from Star Trek fans at $10/donation. I’d like to get on board with that. The Star Trek: Renegades Indiegogo campaign will run through Friday, September 13. To donate and to see more information on Star Trek: Renegades, head to the link located here.
 

got in this morning ok, still working on the last project. The first half went well. I got 3 completions on a long weekend Friday calling into Ontario. Production wise I did ok. It had just finished raining when I got outside. Almost every Esks home game its been raining. It seems it’s clearing up a bit out there so it should be ok for game time. Other then that, since for having the afternoon off, I have almost a 4 day weekend.

I was reading this tidbit earlier that 74% of US citizens still prefer paper books (printed matter) for their reading experience. I agree with them. It’s much nicer holding a book that doesn’t run out of batter power and it looks nice on the shelf.

Growing up in Coquitlam BC just before the family moved to Edmonton, I was squatting in a log cabin type of building: The Burrard Inlet Bible institute. This was a big building on the bottom of Burnaby mountain just up from Burrard highway. I made a Facebook post that was dormant called ”I grew up in Coquitlam” about the Bible institute. One of the posters there replied

No comments:

Post a Comment