Thursday, August 29, 2013

Our service provider went and grouped their channels

so all of our favorite channels have been moved around now. Space was on 174 now it's on a 4 digit higher number and all the other channels have been moved around to accommodate groups. It'll get some getting used to.

Earlier on the news under the section called "trouble shooter," a local man noticed that he was being charged .15% on gift cards. He bought a $15 iTunes gift card and was surprised there was a charge. There shouldn't be. I bought a $15 iTunes gift card just last month. I should check into that next time. No gst on gift cards.

It was on this day 1978 35 years ago that I got word my UI cheque was transferred to the TD bank at Grandin Mall. I recall getting a bus at Westmount and heading to Saint Albert. I recall how hot and humid it was like today. The cheque I recall was $149. I remember receiving it and they cashed it for me. That was a lot of money back then but that was the 1st week of my new life. Hard to believe I was just 26 years old.  

Some more details on the SE/W Mill Woods LRT decision yesterday. The project isn't cancelled, just on hold. It was a unanimous decision from council yesterday to delay the project until they got all the funding in place. Once the funding is in place they can then put the project up for tender. Public consultations are still going forward as the Design phase gets closer to the Build phase. Next public consultation is Wednesday September 18, 2013. The SE/W LRT line from Mill Woods to Lewis Estates (past West Edmonton Mall) will cost $3.2B, add $60-$80M every year the project is delayed. It will take all 3 levels of Government to fund 1/3rd of the project. The City of Edmonton (coe) has earmarked $800M plus a possible $235M from Ed Stelmach's old "GreenTRIP" public transit fund. That's our 3rd. We need $2B. The Feds said they'd help out with $255M but that means they still need to put in $750M. With the June flooding that alone will cost about $5B and the Feds said they'd pay for most of that. Yet in 2015 there's a Federal election coming up and if the Liberals or NDP get in we might as well write the SE/W project off but that's just my opinion. So far no money has come forward from any level of Government. November 20 to determine how to proceed on the project. I hope they have enough money for stage 1 Mill Woods City Centre. We wouldn't have to be under the P3 rules and we can build it under our own rules but we'll have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment