Tuesday, August 13, 2013

If I had the

income coming in, I could get used to this.

Poor Blackberry is in trouble again. They are now looking for a strategic buyer. I got a feeling that Apple might get on board and buy Blackberry to catch up with Google. I don’t have anything to confirm this, I just think it’s something that’s coming, soon.

This morning I’m up about 10am and out the door by 11am to get my cpp set up while I have some time off. I got to go to my bank and get a form and the over to Canada Place/Service Canada.

I’m really enjoying Space Wolf (The 2nd Omnibus) and it  explains some missing details about the Dark Angels I never knew. I always thought the DA’s were agent’s of Chaos. Apparently they are a rival group of Space Marines and have nothing to do with Chaos. Sounds to me like they are a mercenary group. here I am at 1am during the weekday and I'm drinking beer. Beer and Warhammer 40K, life is good my friends.




Switching gears here (pardon the pun) this has been in the news lately and I like the concept. It’s called the “Hyper loop.” A rapid "rail" concept, a project conceived by entrepreneur Elon Musk of Pay pal fame. The technology would move passengers up to 700 miles an hour in a pneumatic tube. Kind of like the Jetsons. Musk already plays leading roles in the SpaceX rocket venture, the Tesla electric car company and the SolarCity solar-energy company. Imagine 700 miles per hour on a magnetic levitation system. Currently it takes about 6-8 hours to travel by car from LA to SF. With the Hyper loop it would take about 35 minutes. It takes 3 hours from Edmonton to Calgary. With a Hyper loop maybe 15 minutes. From Edmonton to Montreal is 1843 miles. In a Hyper loop, it’d take about an hour. These tubes would fit about 3 cars and or passengers in seats kind of like riding in a airplane. This article said the cost from LA to SF would be about $6B. In our case it would cost about $15B probably more due to right-of-ways and that sort of thing. Imagine using a Hyper loop to move oil? The other thing is according to this article, is that we can build this with current technology. I think Elon Musk has the right idea here.  

Anne went and got a form for us to fill out so we can get insulin subsidy and dental work for me. A previous colleague of mine said he got over $3,000 worth of dental work done and dentures. I don’t want to get dental work done right now but maybe next Summer because by then I might be able to go on EI and I’ll have my cpp set up and time off away from Lodge to get it done. Anyway, that’s all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment