Wednesday, August 7, 2013

We're feeling a little sad here as our

9 year old Siamese cat Sporty, Sparky's brother is feeling under the weather. He looks lethargic and has no energy. He wakes up and cleans himself once in a awhile and changes positions. He's not eating or drinking or using the litter box or moving around. We're going to see if he improves over night but I'm fearing the worst. If there's no change in his situation we'll take him down to the vet. It might mean this could be treatable or maybe he has diabetes or worse.

Thanks i09: New $1.6 billion supercomputer project will attempt to simulate the human brain. In what is the largest and most significant effort to re-create the human brain to date, an international group of researchers has secured $1.6 Billion, read the rest here:

So ARod has been given his suspension in the Bio­genes doping scandal. At 40 years old his game suspension will probably be enough time for him to write a tell all book, which said proceeds (most likely) will go towards a related charity. If that's the case, it'd make a good PR move for him to save some face and return to the game or save some face and come out with millions or even a movie of the week. I'm not a baseball fan but I can see such a scenario like this happening. Nothing against ARod but I'm sure he's not going to miss a meal or able to pay rent.

A bit of a shocker this morning when I came in the office. Because this is a short week and all the 4 days I thought I had are now reduced to 3 days this week! That's the trouble with doing market research it's not a steady or reliable job. Since this is the beginning of a new pay period and if next week is a repeat of this week, then I'll be evaluating my options. I can't live that way. I cant exist on 24 hours in a 2 week pay period. I'd be better off on unemployment  and I can get 9 months off on a medical but I don't want to apply for that until I get my cpp as a last resort. Because of our sick cat Anne doesn't want me to leave the house after I come home from work this week. If I get my pension 20-30 hours including a full Saturday would be ok to take during off times. I'll hold out as long as I can. I appreciate the time off though.

Thanks to Coast a bit late but, On this date in 1890, at New York's Auburn Prison, axe murderer William Kemmler became the first person to be executed by electric chair.

Yesterday afternoon I called my old school district. They said their system is offline until next week but they can (after I provide them with suitable ID) defiantly provide me with a copy of my transcript. I'm hoping this transcript will show all the schools I attended from grade 1-12 during the 1960's, my classes, grade of subjects and classroom times, teachers etc. It would be even nicer if I could get yearbook photo's as well. They also said that the transcript/history follows the schools and ends with the last school I attended. It's a $10 fee. I have the phone number of my last school and next week I'll ask them about yearbooks. Anyway that's all for now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment