Saturday, August 24, 2013

Its been a hot one this afternoon

evening.

The topic on for Coast overnight is survival. Not one of my favorite topics but I like to catch any of the "other" news they have on just at the beginning of the first hour but Wells unlike Noory doesn't cover a lot of this sort of thing.

The BC/Al's game Friday night, I never thought it would be a tie game because the Al's were so hungry for a win at home and they got it 38-39 for a Proline tie. Then last night Stamps/Argo's. It would have been an Argo's win except Ricky Ray got injured and had to be put on the sidelines. That was the momentum shift Calgary needed. This game was hyped as a Grey Cup rematch from last year. Calgary won 35-14. I forgot about the significance of the game. Then the double header today. Winnipeg/Hamilton. 14-37 for the home team. I called that one right. Then the Riders/Esks game and the Esks held the lead twice on the 1 yard line Esks football to take us into the lead late in the fourth quarter. The coach took our young quarterback Mike Riley out of play thinking back up Qb had this. Then after the ball is snapped the ball is fumbled then recovered. They should have gone for a field goal to tie the game at 30. Instead of going for the field goal they take the replacement Qb out insert Mike Riley and he spots his man in the end zone, the ball is tossed and it's picked off! Riders have possession and wind the clock down. Another Proline tie! Riders 30-27. Up next is the labor day classic and we got Friday Hamilton/BC. Sunday Winnipeg is at Saskatchewan, Monday its Edmonton/Calgary. Tuesday Montreal/Toronto. I'll be working up until 7pm so I'll miss that game. The labor day classic is the unofficial mid way part of the season. 

This summer was so short and NHL training camp for the Edmonton Oilers is right around the corner. September 14th. 

That's enough of sports.

I'm not a great fan of the Batman franchise. I liked the first 4 movies. I didn't see the Christopher Nolan series yet. So now Ben Affleck has been selected as the new Batman in the 2015 Batman/Superman movie. There's a lot of buzz about this, to which I say...meh. My response to the hoopla of Ben Affleck.

Seems that Obama is going to make a decision about Syria and about their use of chemical weapons on their own people. Obama wont do anything because Syria has Russia in they hip pocket. Syria can basically do what ever it wants. if Russia backed Iraq to the extent it does Syria then the war in Iraq never would have happened. Just my opinion

Fan expo in Toronto's last day is tomorrow and it looked like a good one. We get our own fan expo here in Edmonton September 28-29. It's not as big as the one we had last year. This year, Garrett Wang of Star Trek Voyager will be there. Christopher Lloyd. and a bunch of others I'm not familiar with. It's a stripped down version of last years event but for $20 bucks it's not a bad deal but there's nothing special for yours truly. I probably wont be going.

I took a sleeping pill before bed early this morning and other then waking up to pee the odd time, the pill really zonked me out. I remember up about 8:30am to use the bathroom and I passed out right after that and woke up at about 12:40pm. I like to wake up about 10am on a Saturday. Anyway that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment