Saturday, October 12, 2013

Another hour and a half and I'll be out there waiting for my Saturday 9am

bus to Clareview station for that 9:15 train to Corona and my Tim's breakfast. This time, I'm only going to get the sausage sandwich not the hash browns (which they probably wont have) I'll ask and if they do, great. If not I'll take what I can get and then get my coffee and get my hash browns and coffee at Subway and eat there before I get into the office.

I got a 6 hour day there including a half hour break and I'm still going to miss another Eskimo game. Including this one there's 4 more left to go on a 3-12 disastrous season. At least I can track the score at work. 

I called yesterday and the place that has the SSHD drives is still in stock. According to Seagates website, they only have the 1Tb SSHD drive but then a 1Tb SSD would cost a lot more money. Future Shop has them and they're not completely 1Tb, they're something like 960Tb. I'm going to need a anti static ribbon (just in case) a Phillips screwdriver and a Sata USB cable. According to a video Seagate  has the appropriate cloning software.  I've never done anything like this before but if I let them do the "operation" there, it's like giving them free money. It looks simple enough, load the software, hook up the non usb end to the hard drive and the usb part into the laptop. Then follow the prompts. I hope I wont have to register anything first. Most likely I will. From YouTube videos, I know how to remove my existing hard drive. I'm hoping for a clean install. If it doesn't work then I still will have the original hard drive. I can use the SSHD in a near future desktop computer when I get a second computer.I'll be doing this next month and to test the install I'll bring my Maschine controller along to see how will the new drive will work with Maschine. See how fast the computer boots up and see how fast it will load Maschine and open Guitar Rig and then RealLPC. Usually when I open Guitar Rig as a Maschine plugin no problem. It's when I load RealLPC guitar Maschine's CPU goes into the red and crashes on me. This won't be until the end of the month in 2 weeks.

I love the Thanksgiving Day long weekend. The weather is still pleasant as we move forward during the month. By this time next month, we'll have snow on the ground and it'll be -16 with a wind chill of -20. I don't mind winter, I just don't like extreme winter.

Tomorrow, I'm taking Anne out for a Rickies breakfast. We're going to try the other location just off of 109th street a block away from Corona station. It's easier to get to rather then the long passageway underground to City Centre mall. After work today, it's just straight home watch some football see how the Esks did and get ready for the Oiler/Canuck Oiler loss tonight. I get 2 days off including a Saturday night tonight. I'm looking forward to this. Anyway, that's about all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment