Wednesday, October 2, 2013

We're getting a little bit of rain out there last night and this morning

which is nice.

I had a slow start to the shift and didn't get my first complete until about 7:30pm but rallied at the end. I hurried out the of the building and ran for the train. Good thing I did otherwise I would have missed the train but I think I should not  have ran because I ended up walking home. If I caught the 10:20pm train i might have a Northgate bus there but I barely caught the train but had to walk from Clareview to the set of lights here anyway. 

At work I was tracking the Jet's/Oiler home opener and and when I left the Oiler's in the 3rd had a commanding 5-2 lead. I thought the win was in the bag. When I got home checking the sports highlights, the outcome ended up 5-4 Jets. I'm still standing by my original prediction earlier. 

With Washington shut down over "Obama care" it's going to have some devastating effects the longer it lasts. If it drags on longer say a couple of months, Canada could lose about $700 million/week. This is serious stuff. Both sides wont budge but something's got to give.  

Yesterday was actually decent day. First of all I got a chair filled in my lodge, which I'm happy about. I need 2 more including a replacement. Elections are Thursday and it looks like I'm going to have my year. The other bit of good news is my CPP has been approved. It's enough to pay for my cable bill and my insulin. I should get my first cheque in December. Some good news for a change. 

So because of this good news Saturday before work I'm going to get my Horus Rising audio book. Its a 5 CD set and it's going to give my Audry's book club points a shot in the arm. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment