Saturday, October 26, 2013

I think I got about an hours sleep overnight

which made me feel exhausted by "last call" rolled around by 4pm. I went over to Tim's to see what they had on the menu and their lasagna is back! It was about this time last year they pulled it. If it's still there in mid December, then great. At Tim's using their wifi to get the results of Oiler's 4/Phoenix 5 game I finished my dinner and checked my email. My colleague in my Lodge, failed to get the DDGM position he wanted. It sounds like he had to go before a review panel like I did in order to get the position. I caught the train to Grandin and after a brief wait the train back to Clareview. Despite my day my voice held out till the end. I got home and began watching the Riders 25-29 Stamps game dozing on the couch for a bit until Anne called.

Now I'm wondering if installing that iOS update was such a good idea after. Anne said we can only take photo's no video. That sucks. I'm hoping it's something she overlooked. I'll have to take a look around. It's probably something to do with the update and location services or something like that. The other thing I discovered this morning in a last bid to have my iPad read a flash device, I stumbled upon a video for the Kingston Mobile Lite Wireless Reader. This thing can stream over a host's network, photo's, video, music and I think even data. I'm not sure about data though. But it means that I can use my external 1Tb hard drive and attach that to my iTouch and iPad. There are other competing products like it and I'm going to do some research tonight. For $60 it's a pretty good deal. I'm also thinking that I can utilize the contents of my Samsung camera and clone the photo's etc off of that.

The weather out there is still pretty decent. I think the high was maybe 15 or something like that. We should get a rain or snow mix tomorrow at +1! We're gradually supposed to get up to +10 by Wednesday. This weather trend could go to the first week in November. 

This week is a full week and we have at work our staff Halloween/ "staff appreciation" day party Thursday afternoon. Most likely without pay but they're buying pizza. So no training. 

I'm looking at another job doing something similar to what I'm doing now. Unless of course they pay in survey completions say like $1 a complete, forget it. If they pay an hourly rate, then it might be ok. It might be something I can do 4 days/week depending on the opportunity. The catch is (probably more the one) is I'll need another phone line. But it might be worth while, we'll see. 

So tomorrow, it's another 5.5 hour day as I'm in at noon and out by 6pm. Home by 7pm so we can have our Sunday brunch and watch the Oiler's lose in LA. Another Oiler loss. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment