Sunday, October 20, 2013

What with my hours changing at work so much and other calendar dates on my mind

I didn't mark on my calendar that the District meeting isn't until next weekend and I've been so busy this last week to check my calendar and as a result I not only lost a day's pay but I did absolutely nothing all day. The Installation was yesterday. I know one thing, my Big meeting is today, I hope.

The race for Edmonton's next Mayor is down the home stretch on Monday night we'll know the results. I don't normally trust political polls but the majority of them are saying that the front runner is Don and Karen is right behind him with Diotte in the back but anything can happen between now and tomorrow night. Most likely my choice will be either Karen or Don. I like both of them, Diotte, no way.

Unless something new really gets my attention, and other then the existing series I'm reading, I'm not buying any new SF. I'm still buying my SF favorite authors and anthologies of course. The Sawyer's, Peter F. Hamilton's, Weber's, Zhan's, Star Treks, Star Wars are safe. Mostly I'm concentrating on Warhammer 40K, Western's, vintage SF like the Ace Doubles and old school mysteries and Marvels on my iPad. Yes, you heard me right! The bulk of my reading activity is mostly Warhammer 40K now. Mainly because I don't have a lot of time to read and I doubt I'll live beyond 80 years or so anyway. There's just not enough time to read all I'd like to.   

This Thursday it's going to be staff appreciation day at work, which means that the boss is buying the staff pizza served in the office. I just had left over Pizza last night from what Anne got us. So if it's free, why not? If the boss really appreciated me he'd give me a wage review and or more hours but  its a nice gesture.

I was watching CFL football Saturday afternoon as I'm thinking the Oiler game won't be on until Saturday night but it was a afternoon game. Not only did I miss a day's pay but a meeting I thought was supposed to be today that never happened, which I missed but also the first road game the Oiler's won, and I missed it! 

When this day is over I'll breath a sigh of relief! If I pass this exam, then great. All of my 5 years of hard work would have paid off. If not then it's see what happens at my next Lodge meeting. If we're "off the rails," it might be because of what happens today. The picture will be a little less murky by the end of the day. If it's announced that we're going to have to turn our charter in or some other option, I'm ok with what ever the IPM's suggest. If we vote on turning in our charter, I'll activate plan B. Plan B will be to get 2 certificates of good standing a petition for affiliation for another York Rite Lodge and apply for that and then obtain a petition for the Royal Arch. Now watch, I'll call one of the guys today and he'll say "It's November 20th!"

Sometime this week when I get the chance I need to get a usb flash thumb drive to get about 10Gb's of video and photos off my iPad. They're not that expensive and there's not much room left on my iPad's hard drive. Anyway, that's about all for now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment