Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Here we are in October already

and it's one of my favorite months of the year, NHL hockey opens up a few days from now, the CFL is winding down. We can still get some good weather before it snows, often in late October.

Speaking of hockey, the NHL 2013-14 season begins tonight for the Edmonton Oiler's hosting the Winnipeg Jets. I'll be tracking the scores at work in between calls. I can watch Saturday nights game and it's in Vancouver and then the Oiler's have 2 home games and are out on the road for 6 games. Until I get some daytime hours I'm regulated to watching the TV games on weekends. Even the CFR will only take the Oiler's out for 4 games. This season, it's my prediction that the Oiler's will finish 10th and another American team will win the Stanley Cup. My guess is Phoenix. 

Rant alert! I was going to Service Canada this morning but dental pain kept me awake until about 5am this morning. I took a pill and some Orajel about 3am and about 5am I fell to sleep. I'm feeling Ok now though but tomorrow I'm going into Service Canada. The whole purpose is to get a 2nd job/preferably a better one. I miss the hours I was getting at my other job last year, and and the money it gave me as well. I'm getting half the hours and half the money, and out of half of that this cheque goes towards paying for my insulin because last year I made "too much money" according to CRA to get any kind of local help to pay for a subsidy for medical needs. Local agencies make you go through so many hoops I feel like I'm in a circus or a criminal. If I was First Nations, or a newcomer to Canada or in jail, no problem. I'd get all kinds of medical support. Nothing against those people. Most Canadians are in my situation. Maybe not health wise but financial wise. About 3% of Canada's population is First nations, about the same are union workers (trades everything else), and then there's the 250,000 or so that are newcomers to Canada every year. Many of these people end up being Canadians of convenience. Canada spends about $20B year on immigration alone. I'm thinking imagine what with that kind of money would do for LRT projects road work and other infrastructure projects. The majority of people (according to immigration watch Canada) immigrating to this country are from the Philippians and it's not like we have a labor shortage, it's employers get special breaks for hiring foreign workers. So in the meantime me a naturalized born Canadian citizen, that worked all his life I can't get a $45 month for subsidy to pay for my insulin because last year I made slightly under $25G. That was last year. This year, I'll be lucky if I clear $15G. unless I get a better job, which I'm in the early process of doing. So maybe next year we'll be in a better position. I'm tired of these supervisors saying, "You need a completion flow rate of such-and-such other wise your going to lose hours." That's called workplace bullying. I'm glad I just have 3 years and a bit left in the workplace. I'm not going to make anything out of the "bullying" tonight on the job, it's just smile and dial. Power through, I've get less then 3 years.

Native Instruments released Maschine Studio and a 2.0 update. Maschine Studio is like $1,000. I'd get it and open a account but not with these hours and the job I have. After 20% down, it's like $66/month. I checked YouTube and this Maschine Studio gives me another reason to get more hours. It's not even in stores until November 1st. My main concern for my music now is a better computer and this Acer 2009 laptop, doesn't cut it. 

As for today, I'm out of here at 5pm, for another 4 hour shift. I got my pay stub and I have enough insulin to keep me going for maybe another 10 days and that can come out of the stash when I need it. I've got to put $20 back into the stash so that leaves me with very little left over. I can buy the Warhammer 40K CD at Audrey's and have enough for a Wendy's Baconator, my Proline ticket and pocket money but that's about it. The majority needs to go towards half of our rent, sigh. Anyway, that's about all for now.

1 comment:

  1. Elgato Wave Mic Arm in UAE, Wave Mic Arm in UAE
    https://gccgamers.com//elgato-mic.html
    Elgato Wave Mic Arm in UAE, Safe Shopping Multiple Payment Options Express Delivery GCC Gamers Moneyback Guarantee.
    1635131287946-11

    ReplyDelete