Tuesday, October 22, 2013

This post has more to do with city politics but

Yesterday I left out of here at 2pm and arrive downtown. The weather was great. I started my shift and then called Anne on my break at about 5:15pm. Little did I realize the action going on across the street from where I’m working at the Matrix hotel. At 7pm I did my time sheet and logged off meeting my obligations. I had a survey I was just completing as the rest of the crew had left and I shut my station down and headed for Corona station thinking about the upcoming election results, dreading the worst.

I had a slight headache and still do. I caught my train to Grandin and then the Clareview train on track 2 for Clareview and a bus wait and then home. Never mind Monday night Raw, I was more concerned with something that really mattered. The results were slow to come in and I caught a bit of Raw and a few results were coming in. By 45  minutes into the broadcast 2% of the poling stations (275) of them responded. Iverson was in the something like 1500+ votes and everyone else way behind. When Iverson was sitting at 8500+ at 14% of the poling stations reporting the TV station declared Iveson winner. Then I watched some Raw and went back and there was Karen making her concession speech. I knew it was over. Iverson won 132,16/62.2% followed by Karen Leibovici 41,182/19.4 % and last of the “Big 3”: Kerry Diotte: 32,917/15.5%.

What’s ironic about all this is unknown to me at the time when I left, Don Iverson’s election night gathering place was The Matrix Hotel. If I knew it was there I would have popped in. I can now and the city moving forward can breath a sigh of relief. In my opinion if Diotte had been elected it would have set our city back years.


No comments:

Post a Comment