Sunday, October 6, 2013

Everything went well until I got on the train at Clareview yesterday for my morning

commute. First of all the train was slow, very slow. I got into Tim's and and I tried to order my breakfast sausage sandwich and (are they going to have any?) hash browns and a coffee. "We don't have any hash browns." They never do at 9am on a weekend. I got my sandwich ok, "where's my coffee?" "I only charged you for the sandwich," I was pissed off. "That's ok, Subway is on my way and I'll get my hash browns and coffee there. They know what their doing." I walked off my anger and at subway a loud chirping type alarm sounded inside where they had about a dozen customers. Unusual for a Saturday morning. Subway is right on the corner of my building. A crowed of people were emptying out of my building. I think it was a fire drill or something. I used the elevator and went up to my floor and found a toilet stall and ate my sandwich and took my insulin. After a bit the alarm stopped. Great. Almost 10am. I'm so used to Saturday shift is 10am. The supervisor walks out of the elevator. "Your early." (huh by a few minutes?) I looked at my schedule and I was not scheduled to be in until 11am! I could have slept in for another hour! Then I realized because we're calling into BC. I was pissed! What else can go wrong on my day?

So, I went down to Subway (now empty) and I got my coffee and hash browns. Tim's hash browns are dried out and to crunchy. Subway's are tender and taste better and the coffee is just as good. I tried to figure out my hours while eating. Then I went upstairs. 

Work went well and at about 3pm I checked the Al's/Eskimo game. It was at the end of the 1st half Al's 31 Eskimo's 3! It didn't get that much better. Al's 47 Esks 24. Utterly despicable.

Then as I was having a great day and 2o minutes to go, I get another completing that took me 10 extra minutes. This is the 2nd time now this has happened in 2 days. Fortunatly for me, I didn't have to be anywhere pressing. I only brought 
$10 bucks with me so I couldn't get to Wendy's. 

So after that I got my train and walked over to Future Shop but the tech guy wasn't there. Just his assistant. I had a chat with him and he says what t hey do is look over my budget and price some items out for me as in a bundle to save. I need to talk to the guy as I have his name and I'll do that Tomorrow. I took a look around and they had desktops not featured in their website, especially I think a Acer i7 for under $700. There's others as well in similar configuration. I'll either build my own or get something like that off the shelf. 

I walked home after that. I loved how the clouds looked with setting sunlight behind dark cloud formations and blue sunset sky. It looked really cool. 

I got inside to fire up the TV to watch the last of the Bombers/Stamps game and waiting for the Oiler/Vancouver game and my wife to call about 8pm. I dozed off on the couch, my feet up on the coffee table and and passed out with the phone nearby. I didn't hear her call and I woke up and there was the Oiler game 1st period tied at 1. Then it happened 2-1, 3-1, 4-1 at the end of the 1st. It got worse from there and my wife didn't call. By the time the game was over it was 2-6 Vancouver! 

Today I'm in for 1-8pm for another 6.5 hours but from 1-8pm this time and I double checked it on the way out.  I should have close 2 almost the amount of hours on my last job what I'd get in a week.. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment