Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Holiday Monday was laid back

relaxing at home. I was mostly at the computer but I watched a bit CFL and did some Lodge stuff. At 5pm Anne brought out the Turkey and I watched the Oilers/Washington game. It started out good. Anne was face timing her sister in Sydney NS. I forgot Monday night Raw was on at 6pm so when the Oiler game soured I switched and watched what was left of Raw. For the most part Raw was a snoozer but the outcome of the last match was great.

From a link on the Coast website pointed me to this story about Amelia Earhart and how a research expedition is hoping to find her airplane. Starting about the middle of August 2014, the 30-day expedition will be carried out by The International Group for Historic Aircraft Recovery (TIGHAR), which has long been investigating the last, fateful flight taken by Earhart 76 years ago. You can read more about it here:
 
Also for the first time in over a decade I tried my wife's turkey. For some reason about 2002 or so, I got turned off her turkey dinners. I think it was because she had so much of it about 4 times/year. I used to like Turkey before I got married. I tried it again and it was surprisingly good.

This week I'm buckling down on Lodge stuff and I'm slated to work from 3-9 each day but I thought I had Saturday and Sunday booked off. I'll be talking with the boss about this when I get  in this afternoon. I think Saturday if I can get a ride out to Baseline, I'll go. If not then I'll take my laptop in for an upgrade. I'm not sure if I want to spend the $120 on the SSHD drive this weekend though. This upcoming Sunday I have more Lodge stuff at my place relevant to the opening sentence of this paragraph.

At the moment I'm enjoying a cold can of Pilsener beer. I don't know if single cans of beer could be purchased prior to 1993 here in Alberta. That's the year that the Alberta Liquor Control Board (ALCB) was privatized. Instead of the 12 or so outlets to get beer and wine in the city at that time, after privatization dozens of liquor stores popped up all over the place. I like our little Superstore liquor store across the street because we can buy 1 or 2 cans and they're open until 11pm 7 days week. I don't know if that was possible before privatization. This can of beer hits the spot and I don't have to worry about passing out because I don't have to get up as late as noon this afternoon.

Anne and I have been thinking about getting a couple of bicycles just to cycle around the neighborhood next summer. It's just to get out around town on the weekends but we'll need to get bike licenses from City Hall. I wouldn't buy one used because they could be stolen. We're thinking about getting them with our tax refund (if I get one) in the spring.  
Anyway, that's about all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment