Monday, October 21, 2013

Since I've been living here from the year

2,000 13 years now, our poling station has always been in Sifton school just down the block. When our voting card came in it read Homesteader School and I didn't look at the address. I figured maybe Sifton had a name change. So I go to the school, and the gymnasium doors were closed as the kids were playing inside. A mechanical shop beside me. I asked one of the workers and they said Homesteader was in Hermitage road about. I had no idea where Homesteader school was and I wasn't about too look all over the place for it with just a few hours before I need to head out of here for work. After taking a look on Google maps it's a fair walk from here. By bus I'd need to get to Belvedere station and take something from there. And I really wanted to vote in this election and I imagine a lot of voters from this area that don't have their own transportation are going to be shut out from this election. I don't know what prompted who's responsible for this but it doesn't look like I'll be voting this year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment