Friday, December 12, 2014

I had a good news bad news kind of a

day. This is good when I receive the good and bad the same time, not figuring it out as I go.

The bad: On my half hour hour break the supervisor comes in saying he needs to talk with me. Uh-oh. Apparently Victoria (head of this project) is saying to "coach" me and the following 5 of my colleagues. Essentially it means I've got 10 hours for next week because of my low flow rate. That's how many completions I need in an hour, is 1/hour on this project. The flow rate is different with each project. However if my flow rate improves they'll give me more hours. This is just day 2 of the new cycle and we're getting quota fills already. Usually we're getting quota fills near the end of the cycle. The email basically saying I need to pick it up but I had 6 Wednesday and 6 yesterday. I began to panic a bit and I thought: Why am I panicking? I've got savings, I got a full cheque today and enough hours next cheque to cover my obligations here for January. Plus I have a lot left over for Christmas. I'm not doing anything different. I closed off with 6 completions. The Good. So after working all of the above out and checking my calendar, I'm in good shape. Plus, in the new year I'm 9-5. it means I can go out lodge visiting and watch some Oiler games. It also means I'll have 15 days off to look for another job but most likely that wont be until the new year. Good thing I didn't buy that Maschine expansion pack bundle. 

I have today off, sort of. I've got lodge tonight and I'm looking forward to this. After lodge, I'm treating myself to a cold beer as I'm up early Saturday for my 6 hours and then our staff party. Anne wants me to get as much candy and treats for her as possible. Anyway, that's all for now.  

No comments:

Post a Comment