Saturday, December 13, 2014

I went to bed about 1am this morning and even after having that

Sleemeans beer at lodge last night, I still got about 3 hours sleep during my 6.5 hour in bed.

Last night I was installed as ipm of our lodge and had a great night. The fellowship is great and Dan put together a excellent festive board. I wore a white lambskin apron in the MM position all night that the lodge had in the prep room.  The only problem I had with the night was I didn't get my ipm apron and jewel. This bugged me but I began to realize that the jewel and apron don't usually get presented to the new ipm until January. I got a ride home and it felt different not having a case in my hands. Anne had just got in and made us a bit of lunch. I went to bed about 1am and I woke up about 3am. That's when idea of not receiving my apron and jewel bugged me because our new secretary said I should have received it at the time I was invested ipm. All kinds of things began running through my mind: They knew where my jewel and apron were kept, (ordered by the last WM before me.) was I being toyed with here? Do I have to buy my own apron and jewel or what? If I don't get them then what do I take a demitt, join another lodge at the end of my ipm year? All these options are still on the table. All kinds of things were bugging me. Then a few hours ago I recalled when I invested our last ipm, he didn't have his jewel or apron either. I'm pretty sure I'm going to get mine next meeting. 

I got my schedule for next week, I'm working Sunday 12-8 and Monday 6-9, Wednesday 6-9. Not many hours but we're winding down over the holidays. I'll have enough to meet my obligations for January and get the bus pass. It's all going to be good. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment