Monday, December 29, 2014

We headed out to brave the cold

about 3:30pm waiting until about 4pm for our bus to 72nd Street and 144th Ave. I knew we had about a quarter of a mile walk but it wasn't that bad out there. We miss judged our #11 bus so we caught the #182 instead and as soon as we were heading West along 144th and 72nd, I turned and there was our #11. As it turned out I didn't mind the brief walk to Giant Tiger. Our ultimate goal was Capital Pizza. Last time we went out there was Fathers Day 2013. The YouTube video top left is a result of our last visit. Anne did her shopping and I brought my book along. The Pizza was as good as ever. I almost bought a ounce of Drambuie but for $6 bucks I decided against it. Here's a picture of me after dinner:


The only complaint I had was it was kind of dark in there. My new iPod Touch though with the flash on took a decent picture. Subject matter not withstanding of course. We had pizza left over to take home.

After pizza we went to Dairy Queen. I had my usual Strawberry Sunday. They're the best. I love DQ ice cream. We caught the #10 back and got off at Belvedere. We had a bit of a wait for the train. We got to thinking that next time, we should take the bus to Clareview, train to Belvedere, #10 to Capital Pizza. The #10 drops us off right there. Anne walked home from Clareview and I read my book waiting for the #11. When I came in Anne had this:


There are a lot of these stray kittens out there. Refugees from refugee families. They abandon these poor things. Some survive winter others don't. I don't know if we're going to keep it. Silky has another year left to go out of 18 but Anne is leaning over to give him to the spca this week. We're calling it Skippy. 

Today early this afternoon, I'm running down to Audrey's too pick up my last book. Of the year that is and then home to watch Monday night Raw. My last week off. I hope next week is a easy 5-9 shift until the week after when I'm (hopefully) on days. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment