Saturday, December 6, 2014

Finally I figured out how to use

iTunes and the App store on my iPod, sort of. After loading the new version of iTunes on my pc Thursday night I plugged my iPod into my laptop last night. Up came my iTunes library showing my new 32Gb iPod! I got all my music over to my iPod, and this weeks Starship sofa podcast and downloaded Tunein radio. I still have 20Gb left. I haven't been able to use the app store icon from my iPod directly yet ,and I'm going to better sort out my 1200 song library a bit better this weekend. So far, this is a great little device I'm still trying to set up a text message from another email just for my iPod. That's my project for this weekend.

My wife's sister Rose is fading in and out of consciousness. I feel bad for my wife and her immediate family. If she goes in a comma, that could be the end. I feel bad this has to happen over the holidays. Odd, my wife's sister in the state she is in now is identicle time wise to when my mother passed away 14 years ago. I was in another room off to where my mother was in a comma talking to Anne. When I came out of the little phone room my immediate family were in tears. Mom passed away on a Sunday morning December 3rd 2014. Three days later Anne and I got married. Rose could go at anytime, sad. 

Yesterday Nasa launched Orion. Their new spacecraft, which finished its orbital test flight, ushering in a new era of deep space exploration that could one day put people on Mars. The capsule reached a peak altitude more than 14 times farther from Earth than the international space station. No spacecraft designed for astronauts had gone so far since Apollo 17 — NASA's final moon shot — 42 years ago! Orion completed 2 orbits before splashing down. The earliest astronauts might fly on an Orion is 2021. An asteroid redirected to lunar orbit is intended for the first stop in the 2020s, followed by Mars in the 2030s. Even if Orion gets underway and a Mars mission say in 2035, would be 21 years from now. I'd say minimum. If I live that long to see it, I'll be 83 years old!

After work today I'm going to go to the Matrix Hotel bar and have beer. Maybe a bite to eat if there's anything good on the menu and head home since there's no Oiler hockey, other then tomorrow. I'll have the night off to plan for tomorrows NFL/fd line up and Sunday off. Sunday morning Anne and I are heading out to brunch to our favorite place: Rickies/City Centre mall. That's the initial plan to celebrate our 14th anniversary. On our way out through the mall there's a kiosk selling cell phone cases etc and I'm going to try and get a case, $20 or something for my new iPod. After that, it's home to check on my fd games and get ready for our lodge practice for Friday. I'm going to try for a ride there. That's the plan. Other then that, not much else is going on. I've got a full day today out at 6pm. Anyway, that's about all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment