Thursday, December 4, 2014

Ten years ago May

I was at work putting in a morning shift and my supervisor at the time came over to my station. "James, your Doctor called and said he wants you to get to the Royal Alex Hospital your blood sugar count is is up in the late 20's." So I booked myself in and they did some blood work. I was waiting in a bed. My boss who also knew Anne, had her phone # and called her but couldn't reach her because she was sleeping. My boss had to get the caretaker, Harry at the time. He tried buzzing Anne, he went and knocked on our door. Anne was in a deep slumber, dead to the world. Eventurally he felt compelled to use his emergency privilege and force his way into our apartment and shook Anne awake. Like I was in a deep slumber this morning. I had my ear plugs in my ears, in a deep slumber behind a closed door with the fan on. A bomb could have gone off outside and I wouldn't have heard anything. Apparently about 3am Anne had locked herself outside and couldn't get into the building. She's always forgetting her keys. Apparently a stranger eventually came in and let her in. Apparently she said our door was open anyone could have come in and robbed us. She's always leaving the door open early in the morning so the cat can venture out in the hallway. She's watching of course. Last time she got caught outside and I was sound asleep. When she got inside she was really pissed off and wouldn't let me here the end of it. This is a mother of a blow up. I wrote her a message reminding her of the above. Hopefully she'll read that without tearing it up. I'm in the dog house now.

I'm fooling around with my new iTouch. I was hoping I could use my old one for music production. I'd be using Music Studio just to write riffs on. There's a few of these apps available for the ios. I like Music Studio and nanostudio because it lets you mixdown your tracks to wav files, where they can be imported for latter into a daw. I can get the idea down in my iPod and still write in Maschine as it imports wav files right into the project. Thing is Anne wants or did up until her blow up. I bought her the iPod shuffle yesterday as a Christmas present. Now our future together looks uncertain. I hope that she hasn't abandoned her sense of reason and will read the note and the "Ahh, right" lights come on.

What I like about this new iPod (Pro's) is that it comes with, a word processor, Garage Band, Twitter, Flikr, a spreadsheet and other apps as well. Things is these other apps take up memory. My new iPod can do everything our iPad can do and a bit more. I even installed the new 8.1.1 update and used 10Gb of 32Gb of memory. Lots left. I haven't been able to the app store yet but I do have access to my email. The (Con's-just one). I don't like how thin and light it is. I bought a rubber screen protector but it wasn't for the 5th Gen. Customer service should have told me. Or I could have went back and looked around a bit more. I don't like how Apple isn't making the iTouch player anymore That's not a Con to this specific device. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment