Wednesday, December 31, 2014

So long for

2014. So, here it is in brief a year in review as it applies to me personally and what went on in my life in 2014. It certainly had its challenges and its ups and downs:

January: Began in the chair of King Solomon (lodge master) I felt I was at the helm of a sinking ship what with the possibility of turning in our lodge charter and closing the lodge.

February: We had to haul our washer and dryer out of the building and we were in dire straights almost losing our suite. Fortunately we found a solution

March: Anne's birthday and we had our taxes done. My right leg began to stiffen up. I owed about $200, which didn't help.

April: We got some good news on some financial support we used to our advantage and passed a diabetic eye damage test and got my resume done with employabilites. We applied for medical subsidy. 

May: I attended a celebration of life for a lodge brother at Saint Michael's Very moving. Shortage of work 

June: Got hired on at Crime Watch for a week and bits and pieces of work for the month. Lodge BBQ.

July: Got hired on at Direct buy.

August: Direct buy, Got turned down for medical benefits. Turned 62. Lodge is saved. Pizza 73 (failed)

September: Hired on at SFZ but didn't last as my regular job returned with more hours.

October: District Lodge meeting (had a good time) had our apartment windows refitted for a upgrade.

November: Worked overtime, bought a Kobo ebook reader. Played Fan Duel.

December: Got installed as Immediate Past master of my lodge (ipm) bought the iPod Touch, got 3 weeks off.

In between all of that, answered a ton of email and JFK YouTube and Connect 2 Edmonton posts and read 6 books and put together 3 YouTube demo tracks all while maintaining my diary and blog. And if that's not enough, we recently acquired Skippy and I attended a lot of lodge meetings and organized the "Executive committee meeting and wrote the Master's message each month. Also, I attended a monthly session with my pharmacist and holding down a steady almost full time job and maintain a Facebook communication with my family. So, 2014 has been a fascinating and busy year. Less then 24 hours it's almost over. 

The big shocker this week was the mass murders here in Edmonton that made national news last night. I man committed 9 murders in 2 different parts of the city and killed himself in Fort Saskatchewan. Most of this was sue to domestic violence. Senseless. 

Now with December almost in the bank in another 8 months, I'll be (good lord willing) 2 years away from my full pension. It means every weekend can be a long weekend and I can relax and go to lodge, no pressures. Anyway that's all for now.

1 comment: