Monday, December 1, 2014

Sundays shift almost never got underway

as nobody was answering the intercom to let staff in. We were all waiting in Subway. Finally about 20 minutes later we got upstairs. Fifteen minutes after that we got the sift underway because there was no numbers in the system. Sunday was more productive then any day during last week for the project I'm on. I got 3 completions where as my colleagues got "0" or even 1 doing the same thing through out the day. Its amazing what can happen when people are actually home. The bulk of my calls last week were no answers. Some of my colleagues were chatting about pizza and I thought it would be nice to order pizza to give Anne a break from our traditional "late night brunch" but she wasn't answering the phone at about 2pm when I called.

Anne got out of her job the same time I did but I didn't see her at Bay station. I thought about getting off the train and wait for her because maybe she got asked to stay a bit latter. She was asked to "work the Grey Cup game" because it's one of the company's busiest times of the year. I waited until the next train at Clareview but no Anne.

I waited for the #11 bus and got home shortly before 9pm. The door was opened for me as Anne was in Face time with her sister. She was all in tears because of their sister Rose in hospital due to cancer. I thought she had passed away but she hasn't passed yet. Anne's sister (a nurse) told a story how a friend of hers was feeling tired and didn't want to go out and she never woke up. Same situation that happened to Joe Strummer of the Clash. He was sitting on the couch and passed out and never woke up. When I go to the grande lodge above, I hope that's how I go. 

The Calgary Stampeders won the 102nd Grey Cup in BC last night 16-20. It would have been 1 point out of being a tied game as Hamilton was in position to kick a field goal and the Calgary defenders blocked the ball. That doesn't happen very often. Can't wait for next season but that's 7 months away!

Anyway, we ordered pizza but it wasn't as good as other times. I still have 2 slices for my lunch for latter today. Today its more of the same as we wind this project down. Or this portion of it. I hope to get more hours over the holidays. All I ask is just for 3 days off. Tonight I'll be following the Phoenix/Oiler's game. Oiler's winless streak was 13 losses back in 1992-93. Are they on pass to match or even beat that record? My guess is the Oiler's will win in OT. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment